Do you have curb or even kerb appeal online? “Location, Location, Location!” they cry in real estate and your online real estate is no different. Here’s how you can set up your Youtube Banner with Canva when you want to be positioned as a Leader Online!
Did you at one time complete a work personality profile that revealed you maybe weren’t as creative as you thought you were? Have you avoided Youtube and other creative outlets?
- Are you nervous because you don’t have a design budget, let alone a concept layout?
- Are you new to designing or think that’s the marketing departments’ job?
- Are you frustrated because you don’t know the SIZE of the Banner you need?
You know these are little problems that can be fixed right? Let’s challenge some of that status quo and you’ll be setting up your Youtube banner in no time!
In this #QuickTip you’ll need to have:
- a Youtube channel account
- knowledge of the required SIZEs for social media. You might find this Cheat Sheet helpful, if you want to design other for other platforms
- a Canva account
- some of your own photos – professional or organisational ready to upload
- Review the results and appearance on different devices so your head isn’t cut off!
Do These 5 Steps and You Can Create Something Like This:
Okay, here’s the finished product: Note I have used optimised or Low Res images for this blog post. Originals are High Res.
Here’s the How-To in 5 Easy Steps:
- Youtube channel account.
Have you got one? The company got one?- If you don’t have one, set yourself a 90 day goal to get cracking and have your own Youtube Channel up and humming within the next 3 months.
– If you DO have one, how well is it being utilised? what simple changes could you make using a Banner [also known as Channel Art or Header]Read this to learn the difference between a personal or branded channel account
Need to knowledge of the required SIZEs for social media. You might find this Cheat Sheet helpful, if you want to design graphics for other platforms
a Canva account – Create it and login. It will then open up at the “Create a Design” homepage
Then click on the PLUS + sign, scrolling down:
Have some of your own photos – professional or organisational – ready to upload instead of using stock photos and you’ll save on licensing fees.
– Remember if you do purchase images, save your invoices as proof of the purchase if you’re using them for commercial use inc. blogging
FYI: Tarran’s layout theme was achieved by selecting:
Elements on LHS > then GRIDS. That’s how I was able to upload 7 distinct images
(a) You may need to make the file size smaller for uploading to WordPress. I use this free tool by Web Resizer to achieve about an 80% smaller file. This leads to faster load times on the website and a better viewer experience.
(b) Make sure you add YOUR metatags to you image file name when saving for SEO purposes and then google will also index your images with higher result. Clever huh? See how I did it in mine in all the images I have included in this article?
Review the results and appearance on different devices so your head isn’t cut off!
Okay, so how does it look?
5.1 Finished product from Canva looks like this:
I’m happy with that, but let’s check the quality when it appears on Youtube and other devices.
5.2 On my laptop Youtube it looks like this:
Notice how it has lost the top and bottom borders? If we didn’t have them then you’d likely see my head cut off! Additionally, if you have completed your Channel Profile with your website and social media links they’ll appear as an overlay on the bottom right of the official Youtube Channel. It happens by default. This is why we don’t put text on the right handside.
5.3 On my iPhone 6 Youtube looks like this:
Okay, see this: we’ve lost an image on the left and right, reducing the columns from 7 to 5 and the round thumbnail now covers some of the banner.
You and I know the power of window shopping and drive-by’s, even in the online space. Leading change and being being an influencer requires us to understand the pull marketing of kerb appeal and the unique positioning it offers new, prospective and current clients – internal and external – who want to come live in your neighbourhood. Let’s make it easy for people to know, like and trust us.
Let’s step up our efforts!
So that’s it for this quick tutorial! Come follow me on Youtube right HERE as I begin focusing more the branding of this Channel.
Check Out Other Tutorials on Our PlayLists
- Our next focus will be to build brand consistency and develop Youtube Thumbnails for each of the videos already uploaded on our Corporate Cinderella ChannelSee you online at www.Youtube.com/user/corporatecinderella