Course – Business Etiquette Workshop | Seminar | Training Course
Course Duration 1 Day
This course examines the basics, most importantly to be considerate of others, dress/appearance, the workplace versus social situations, business meetings, proper introductions and ‘the handshake’, conversation skills/small talk, cultural differences affecting international business opportunities, dealing with interruptions, and proper business email and telephone etiquette. Have you ever been in a situation where:
- You met someone important and had no idea what to say or do?
- You spilled soup all over yourself at an important business event?
- You showed up at an important meeting under or overdressed?
Let’s face it: we’ve all had those embarrassing etiquette gaffes. Our Business Etiquette workshop will help your participants look and sound their best no matter what the situation.
Course Objectives | Business Etiquette Course
At the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Define etiquette and provide an example of how etiquette can be of value to a company or
- Understand the guidelines on how to make effective introductions.
- Identify the 3 C’s of a good impression.
- Understand how to use a business card effectively.
- Identify and practice at least one way to remember names.
- Identify the 3 steps in giving a handshake.
- Enumerate the four levels of conversation and provide an example for each.
- Understand place settings, napkin etiquette and basic table manners.
- Learn how to make ethical decisions and lead with integrity.
- Understand the meaning of colours in dressing for success.
- Differentiate among the dressy casual, semi-formal, formal and black tie dress code.
Course Outline | Business Etiquette Course
Module #01 Getting Started
Module #02 Understanding Etiquette
- Etiquette Defined
- The Importance of Business Etiquette
Module #03 Networking for Success
- Creating an Effective Introduction
- Making a Great First Impression
- Minimising Nervousness
- Using Business Cards Effectively
- Remembering Names
Module #04 The Meet and Greet
- The Three-Step Process
- The Four Levels of Conversation
Module #05 The Dining in Style
- Understanding Your Place Setting
- Using Your Napkin
- Eating Your Meal
- Sticky Situations and Possible Solutions
Module #06 Eating Out
- Ordering in a Restaurant
- About Alcoholic Beverages
- Paying the Bill
Module #07 Business Email Etiquette
- Addressing Your Message
- Grammar and Acronyms
- Top 5 Technology Tips
Module #08 Phone Etiquette
- Developing and Appropriate
- Dealing with Voicemail
- Cell Phone Do’s and Don’ts
Module #09 The Written Letter
- Thank You Notes
- Formal Letters
- Informal Letters
Module #10 Dressing for Success
- The Meaning of Colours
- Interpreting Common Dress Codes
- Deciding What to Wear
Module #11 International Etiquette
- General Rules
- Important Points
- Preparation Tips
Module #12 Wrapping Up
- Your Next Steps
^ courtesy reminder the number of modules that can be covered in a 1/2 program is limited. We’ll work with you to select the most relevant modules for a 1/2 day program in response to the client’s priorities for the participant
Method of Delivery: Business Etiquette Course
All professional development relating to this course content is delivered by Tarran Deane Education and her team of subject-matter experts, trainers, consultants, executive coaches and professional speakers and may occur as:
- Public Seminar – Full or Part Course
- eCourse | Virtual Learning | Webinar
- Onsite Face to Face as a Full Day or 1/2 Day Course at your place of business
- Roadshow or Showcase
- Conference or Convention Breakout | Workshop by Tarran Deane
- Conference or Keynote | High level introduction to topic only by Tarran Deane
Please confirm your preferred method at the time of enquiry, prior to booking.
Location of Delivery: Gold Coast | Brisbane | Sydney | Melbourne | Auckland and on Request
Ask us about presenting this professional development on location at your venue, an upcoming conference, or enquire about our online self-paced learning options for you, your participants and staff.
This program may also be delivered by us in public and private seminars, tele-seminars, webinars and eCourse formats
Who is This Training For:
Executives, Entrepreneurs, Experts, Established Teams, Sales Teams, Emerging Leaders, Graduates, Students
Mergers and acquisitions, significant change, shift in strategic direction, return to work, graduates, government initiatives, volunteers
How to Book Your Training Day | Course Name – Business Etiquette Course
As a starting point we typically allocate Tuesdays on a weekly basis for the running of our full or 1/2 day training and professional development workshops. To confirm our availability to work with you and your team on Tuesdays or at other times, be sure to contact Tarran, Karen, or Charlotte via email or call the number below:
Contact Details: Course
Phone: +61 417 654305
or Scroll down to CLICK on the green “Book a 30 Minute Discovery” button below to schedule a call!
A Recent Case Study