Course – Conflict Resolution Workshop | Seminar | Training Course
Straight Talk That Builds Relationships, Affirms Boundaries & Achieves Results
Course Duration 1 Day
Wherever two or more people come together, there is bound to be conflict. This course will give participants a seven-step conflict resolution process that they can use and modify to resolve conflict disputes of any size. Your participants will also be provided a set of skills in solution building and finding common ground.
In the Conflict Resolution workshop, participants will learn crucial conflict management skills, including dealing with anger and using the Agreement Frame. Dealing with conflict is important for every organisation no matter what the size. If it is left unchecked or not resolved it can lead to lost production, absences, attrition, and even law suits.
Course Objectives | Conflict Resolution Course
At the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Understand what conflict and conflict resolution mean
- Understand all six phases of the conflict resolution process
- Understand the five main styles of conflict resolution
- Be able to adapt the process for all types of conflicts
- Be able to break out parts of the process and use those tools to prevent conflict
- Be able to use basic communication tools, such as the agreement frame and open
- Be able to use basic anger and stress management techniques
Course Outline | Conflict Resolution Course
Module #01 Getting Started
Module #02 An Introduction to Conflict Resolution
- What is Conflict?
- What is Conflict Resolution?
- Understanding the Conflict Resolution Process
Module #03 Conflict Resolution Styles with the Thomas-Kilmann Instrument
Module #04 Creating an Effective Atmosphere
- Neutralising Emotions
- Setting Ground Rules
- Choosing the Time and Place
Module #05 Creating a Mutual Understanding
- What Do I Want?
- What Do They Want?
- What Do We Want?
Module #06 Focusing on Individual and Shared Needs
- Finding Common Ground
- Building Positive Energy and Goodwill
- Strengthening Your Partnership
Module #07 Getting to the Root Cause
- Examining Root Causes
- Creating a Cause and Effect Diagram
- The Importance of Forgiveness
- Identifying the Benefits of Resolution
Module #08 Generating Options
- Generate, Don’t Evaluate
- Creating Mutual Gain
- Options and Multiple Option Solutions
- Digging Deeper into Your Options
Module #09 Building a Solution
- Creating Criteria
- Creating a Shortlist
- Choosing a Solution
- Building a Plan
Module #10 The Short Version of the Process
- Evaluating the Situation
- Choosing Your Steps
- Creating an Action Plan
- Using Individual Process Steps
Module #11 Additional Tools
- Stress and Anger
- Management Techniques
- The Agreement Frame
- Asking Open Questions
Module #12 Wrapping Up
- Your Next Steps
^ courtesy reminder the number of modules that can be covered in a 1/2 program is limited. We’ll work with you to select the most relevant modules for a 1/2 day program in response to the client’s priorities for the participant
Method of Delivery: Conflict Resolution Course
All professional development relating to this course content is delivered by Tarran Deane Education and her team of subject-matter experts, trainers, consultants, executive coaches and professional speakers and may occur as:
- Public Seminar – Full or Part Course
- eCourse | Virtual Learning | Webinar
- Onsite Face to Face as a Full Day or 1/2 Day Course at your place of business
- Roadshow or Showcase
- Conference or Convention Breakout | Workshop by Tarran Deane
- Conference or Keynote | High level introduction to topic only by Tarran Deane
Please confirm your preferred method at the time of enquiry, prior to booking.
Location of Delivery: Gold Coast | Brisbane | Sydney | Melbourne | Auckland and on Request
Ask us about presenting this professional development on location at your venue, an upcoming conference, or enquire about our online self-paced learning options for you, your participants and staff.
This program may also be delivered by us in public and private seminars, tele-seminars, webinars and eCourse formats
Who is This Training For:
Executives, Entrepreneurs, Experts, Established Teams, Sales Teams, Emerging Leaders, Graduates, Students
Mergers and acquisitions, significant change, shift in strategic direction, return to work, graduates, government initiatives, volunteers
How to Book Your Training Day | Course Name – Conflict Resolution Course
As a starting point we typically allocate Tuesdays on a weekly basis for the running of our full or 1/2 day training and professional development workshops. To confirm our availability to work with you and your team on Tuesdays or at other times, be sure to contact Tarran, Karen, or Charlotte via email or call the number below:
Contact Details: Course
Phone: +61 417 654305
or Scroll down to CLICK on the green “Book a 30 Minute Discovery” button below to schedule a call!
A Recent Case Study